SEEDPOD FURTHER INFORMATION
Punctum's Seedpod residencies occur throughout the year and they are usually curated through an open call.
(Stay tuned for our next call out around June 2020)
The residencies are curated by a small team that contains local knowledge and expertise.
Each residency can run between 7 days to 3 weeks depending on each artist’s needs and capacity.
Sometimes we have residencies focussing on approaches to practice or themes.
(Stay tuned for our next announcement in June 2020)
Our Seedpod includes:
- a small amount of cash money for the artist/organisation (amount released at open call / EOI stage)
- in-kind professional artistic/dramturgy/administration/marketing/technical /box office/review writing and documentation.
- in-kind for the use of one of Punctum's residency and presentation sites.
We also offer resdiencies with our partners;
- Bendigo Venue & Events (Old Fire Station)
- Mt Alexander Shire Council (Phee Broadway Theatre)
(Stay tuned for our residency partner announcements in June 2020)
All successful artists/organisations will be expected to meet a public and present their exploration for discussion.
We also value your residency if it meets a discussional, relational and / or participatory investigation and proposition.;.
Seedpod studio spaces are professionally equipped for the research, development, and showcasing of experiments: (studio rehearsal/construction, presentation, meeting room, and office spaces).
We provide artists across live arts disciplines with the opportunity and resources to
- put First Nations first on Dja Dja Wurrung country.
- enable artists to engage meaningfully with the environment, communities, culture, and audiences in which our Seedpod residency spaces are situated
- experiment, develop, and present stages of new work in an accessible, vibrant, professional environment
- further dialogue about the role of art in local through to global contexts by developing opportunities for exchange and innovation with a broad cross section of arts practitioners, audience members, and communities.
Our Seedpod Alumni include:
Pia Johnson, Renae Shadler & Mirjam Sögner, Klara Kelvy, Daniel Santangeli, Kaya Barry, Yuhui Ng-Rodriguez & Kerensa Diball, Emilie Bloom & Nicci Wilks, Michelle Heaven & Mandy Field, Simon Charles, Nicola Gunn, Mish Grigor, Paul Gazzola, Elissa Goodrich & Michael Carmody , Georgia Mill, Katie Sfetkidis, Bek Berger, Amy Spiers, Bronwyn Batten, Rosalind Hall, Terence Jaensch, Rockie Stone, Kieran Swann, Karli-Rose, Lara Thoms, Sabina Maselli & Erkki Veltheim, Amelia Ducker & Sally Lewry, Peter Fraser & Dale Gorfinkel, Eliza Jane Gilchrist & Mark Penzak, Andrew Goodman & Tara Gilbee, Klare Lanson, Thembi Soddell, Triage Collective, Eamon Sprod, Robert Curgenven, Roarawarfeartata, Paula Van Beek, Malcolm Whittaker, Simon Whetham...and many, many more.